- Volunteers are needed to help preserve history of the Houston Symphony by filing records, maintaining databases and doing some research. All responsibilities will be determined and assigned by the volunteer archivist.
Children's Fashion Show
- Volunteers at this entertaining event assist with registration, activities and the Instrument Petting Zoo.
- The newsletter keeps members informed of current League activities and events. If you like to write articles, take photographs and/or proofread, this is the opportunity for you!
Family Concert Activites
- Craft activities at each of the family concerts follow the theme of the concert. Volunteers can help prepare the materials prior to the concert and /or participate as docents at Jones Hall on the day of the concert. No specific talent is needed as the crafts are designed to be "assembly-only" although anyone with ideas to share is welcome to help in developing the activities.
Houston Symphony Ima Hogg Competition
- Many volunteers are needed to help with activities prior to the competition as well as on the day of the semi-final performances. Volunteers from the League help with publicity, ticket sales and transportation of contestant escort, door monitoring, volunteer registration, time keeping etc. Volunteers have the opportunity to hear the performances of rising young musicians.
Magical Musical Morning
- This traditional holiday event requires volunteers to help with the day's activities including guest registration, crafts and the Instrument Petting Zoo.
- There are mailings for special events, membership events and the Annual Fund throughout the year that involve volunteers.
- League volunteers can be a welcoming smile at the check-in tables for the three membership events and President's Luncheon.
- Need volunteers to assist League committees and Symphony staff with various special projects.
Opening Night and Symphony Ball
- Volunteers can support these fundraising events by assisting at guest registration and as auction docents.
Orchestra/ Staff Luncheon
- These lunches are the League's thank you to the staff and musicians of the Houston Symphony. Volunteers provide food or make donations and hostess the lunches in the Jones Hall Rehearsal Room three times a year. The benefit of participating is the opportunity to meet members of the staff and orchestra.
Instrument Petting Zoo
- No special musical talent or experience with instruments is necessary to participate with the Instrument Petting Zoo! This very popular project appears at all four Houston Symphony family concerts, the Junior Patron Event, Magical Musical Morning and the Children's Fashion Show as well as at each of the Symphony Neighborhood Concerts.
Student Concert Ushers
- Student Concerts are one of the Symphony's oldest education projects, providing an opportunity for Houston area school children to visit Jones Hall for a concert program. Many volunteers are needed to help get the children into their seats in Jones Hall and back to their buses. This is a very rewarding experience for volunteers and the children and you are invited to enjoy the concert...
- Need Volunteers for registration and auction.